Thursday, August 25, 2011

Garble Garble You Don't Care About

Got back from vacation early (bugs were too much and we almost set the place on fire...), but had the new computer ready and waiting to be picked up, and setting that up has taken awhile. And with my great handiness with technology, I haven't yet figured how to get my email archives from the old computer to the new one yet... so if you're waiting on something from me, you'll get it, just not yet. (I look up store orders directly online so no delays there)

I should do an adventure called Mosquito Bytes, yeah?

Anyway.

Got lots done on Dancing Queen in Yellow and Monolith while I was away, but all that needs to be transcribed since I wrote it down in notebooks.

Since the game I've been playing in has petered out, I'm going to be starting up my own campaign again. Actually, I guess you could call this a brand new campaign...

6+ months away from running my own games has given me a backlog of things I want to try out.

First adventure will be The God that Crawls, from there it'll move to a more open format I think where it isn't broken up into "adventures," (if they're unlucky they'll wander into the Monolith or Queen in Yellow areas) I'll start that up the weekend after I return from Stockholm, and my goal is to have at least half the group be people I've never gamed with before.

And then the killing will begin.

3 comments:

  1. "I haven't yet figured how to get my email archives from the old computer to the new one yet..."

    That's one of the reasons I prefer to use webmail instead of email programs. (Avoiding malware is the main reason though.) Webmail is always there, no matter what happens to my computer. (Unless, of course, something happens to its server...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use emails as an archive (for example, while I have backups of all the Isle of the Unknown and Carcosa drafts and archives, every single bit of discussion ABOUT them is in email and I reference it often), and I don't like my necessary info being offsite.

    (all my order records are kept in email folders as well)

    I had a mysterious complete wipe of my entire Hotmail account a few years back, and the recent Blogger goofiness do not convince me that I should start using webmail...

    I've got a techie person coming over today so hopefully this will get sorted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...I don't like my necessary info being offsite.

    Because you're a business, that makes perfect sense.


    I had a mysterious complete wipe of my entire Hotmail account...

    YOW!!!

    I've (thankfully) never had anything like that happen to me. And I'd never even heard of anything like that happening before either. I suppose I better take even more precautions with stuff I'd miss if it disappeared.


    ...the recent Blogger goofiness do[es] not convince me that I should start using webmail...

    Good point.

    ReplyDelete