Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Some Notes, Some Reminders

I'm working on projects that should actually see print, as well as some other non-RPG projects, so blogging will be non-constant (but not non-existent) for awhile.

Some other notes:

The Random Esoteric Creature Generator for Classic Fantasy Role-Playing Games and their Modern Simulacra PDF is on sale over at RPGNow for only $5.99.

Fight On! #4 is ready. I have an adventure in there as well as a number of new spells and magic items. Some of those had to be cut so I'll be releasing a (free) pdf with those once I get my comp copy and know which ones aren't in there. I want to continue to submit Duvan'Ku material to Fight On! so I'd like your feedback to this stuff (I've set up a thread for such feedback here) so I can know what to focus on in the future.

The Green Devil Face contest winners will be notified this week. Deadline for inclusion in the fanzine is March 31!

I've got about $100 to spend over at Noble Knight. I'm looking at Castellan's Guide to Arms & Armor of the Early Medieval Period and Towers of Adventure from Troll Lord. Can anyone vouch for their quality, general gaming applicability, and in the case to the Castellan's Guide, reasonable accuracy? I've got my eye on a couple other things but if I tell you about them you might snag them before I buy them. Damn out of print low stock things. :P Any other suggestions?

Just to give myself an opportunity at the end of the year to show how lazy I've been... my publishing goals this year: Get Insect Shrine out! Get other adventures released through at least two other publishers. Make Green Devil Face cool! Get something in Knockspell. Get at least two issues of the LotFP metal zine out. Release two more Random (stuff) Generators out myself. Remind me of this post on January 1.

One more thing:

EGG forever. Our continued play and our continued exploration and discussion of Dungeons and Dragons and its clones and derivatives says everything that needs to be said.

1 comment:

  1. The preview for the Castellan's Guide to Arms & Armour in the Crusader looked interesting, and Mike Stewart is a reliable student of history. On the other hand, sacrifices appear to have been made for compatibility with the Castles & Crusades Player's Handbook, most noticeable to me was the 8 lb broad sword in the preview article. This was a source of complaint from at least one Troll Lord Games forum member who purchased the book. Personally, I still intend to purchase it, but it is low on my priority list.

    ReplyDelete