Sunday, November 29, 2009

I Just Saw, on Finnish TV...

... a World of Warcraft ad featuring Mr T talking about mohawk grenades in the game.

... during a commercial break during The DaVinci Code... (National Treasure ripoff, if you're wondering)...

See, this is why we can't have nice things. The competition has enlisted C-list celebrities to allow their likeness to be used in absolutely ridiculous ways in their products, and they advertise it around the world on television during piss-poor movies.

Where was that Labyrinth Lord ad with Jaleel White giving us a "Did I Do That?" during the TV airing of Boat Trip a couple weeks ago, huh?

11 comments:

  1. Er, didn't the Da Vinci Code novel come before National Treasure movie? 2003 vs 2004

    Or was National Treasure a novel first too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tenkar, the Da Vinci Code originated as a Dan Brown novel and as such is not worthy of reasonable discourse by civilized persons.

    Mr. T, however, completely effin' rules.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed. I recall about ten years ago that I was surprised to see him in an insurance advert when we were in Las Vegas, he made it awesome! Also, I still remember that I saw it, marketing genius.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Couldn't you get a Mr. T voice set for your TomTom at one point? "I pity the fool who turn left RIGHT NOW!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked William Shatner's WOW add, better. He seemed more Immersed in his Shaman character. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, just wait. You'll see the Labyrinth Lord celebrity commercial in due time...

    ReplyDelete
  7. >>Er, didn't the Da Vinci Code novel come before National Treasure movie? 2003 vs 2004

    That was my idea of humor.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mister T does seem to do anything for money, before the WOW-commercial I spotted him on TV-shop selling some sort of deep cooking kitchen appliance and before that on American made Left Behind knockoff on the finnish religious fundamentalist channel Taivas TV7 (Heaven TV7).

    If you pay the man I'm sure he will endorse anything.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They also have Ozzy and Mini-me doing wow adverts

    ReplyDelete
  10. We need Gary Busey to endorse OSRIC.

    -DYA

    ReplyDelete
  11. If Busey is doing OSRIC Dennis Hopper should advertize Jim's adventures while acting his role as Frank Booth in Blue Velvet.

    ReplyDelete