Tuesday, November 3, 2009

A Call For Reviewers (UK, Germany, France, Finland)

The Grinding Gear is nearing completion. Laura has had her final sketches approved so those will be done in the next few days. There is but one more map to be completed by Ramsey, and once those are done this thing goes to press. Writing is done and proofed and laid out and is just waiting for the graphics to be set in.

As of right now, I have 1 French, 3 German, 1 British, and 0 Finnish reviewers on my promo mailing list. I'd like to get that up to 5 each.

Reviewers will get a physical book for review, not a PDF. What I'd expect in return is a review on your blog, website, submitted to forums you frequent, and/or posted on the vendor sites... wherever you already visit- I'm not asking anyone to invade message boards they're not on and spam reviews.

This is a commitment to review, but not a commitment to review favorably. What I hope for is a thorough and honest analysis. Pundit's staying on my mailing list (assuming he reviews any of the other books with the same in-depth approach as he did GDF), for example. Reviewers who review will remain on the mailing list for future releases.

If you're interested or if you have any questions, email me (address is on the sidebar to the right). For budget reasons I am keeping a firm "5 reviewers/territory" policy so please understand I will be making selections based on visibility and personal opinions of writing styles.

So get in touch already. :)

(Update: As expected, I have more North American reviewer requests than I know what to do with. If you're a reviewer with Big Huge Website, feel free to get in touch, otherwise, I think I'm good sifting through what I've got so far. For other territories, I'm still looking!)

2 comments:

  1. Mandy and/or I would be happy to do it, but will understand if you want North Americans with more visibility in the rpg community.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel free to sift me out since you have plenty of N.A. types. Two of our four cats read my blog, but beyond that, well, maybe my mom (on a good day).

    ReplyDelete