Thursday, July 22, 2010

Well... Crap

I just learned that Luna Duran was seriously injured in a car wreck over the weekend. She's going to be OK, but apparently it's going to be a long road to recovery.

Luna has been a reader of LotFP for almost ten years, and modeled for the snake demon character on the cover of the LotFP box set.

I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that it seemed that she was more enthusiastic about the whole thing than I was. She recruited a photographer in her area and took over two hundred pictures to use as reference for the artwork. The quality of the cover, and thus all the positive attention that the game has received based on that, is due in no small part to Luna's dedication and willingness to do everything necessary to make sure it was done right.

I'm bad about the whole "keep this person in your thoughts" thing, but when you guys look at the a project - not just this one, but any project - just take a minute to appreciate that there are real people behind it all, and of all the things they could have done with their short time on Earth, they chose to spend time doing this.

8 comments:

  1. Mmm...I would be very sad if any of my artists were injured...and I've never even met them!

    Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I speak for everyone by sending our best wishes to Luna and all our positive energy to speed her recovery.

    I hate cars.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! Best wishes on her recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best wishes to her for a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikes! Absolutely will do -- especially with things as awesome as that cover. Thanks to her for all her work, and put me down for another "best wishes for her recovery."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Best wishes for a full recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hopefully she will be up and on her feet in no time.

    ReplyDelete