Sunday, July 4, 2010

Tracon Report 2

I think I'm going to be big in Finland.

I thought that I'd sell maybe 20 boxes at Ropecon. That's 1000€ in hand from one product in one place.

I would have sold that many at Tracon, the one with almost no role-players present, if I had them ready.

I'm thinking this thing is about to explode. What's going to be amusing if it does become big in Finland is that I expect a backlash - same as happens with anything popular - so I await the complaining about the goddamn foreigner who is bringing Finnish gaming back to the stone ages. ;)

Funny moment of the day: Oscar Garza (White Wolf) was a guest of honor at the con and was talking a lot about EVE Online during various presentations. Apparently he wanted to meet me, and so had his assigned handler for the convention talk to my "handler" Eero to set up the introduction. The joke here being that I didn't have a handler, Eero's just the guy that arranged for me to be at the con and share his sales space.

Have your people set something up with my people indeed.

For two days, my table adorned with a big banner featuring the cover art was on full display in a convention where the average attendee looked to be underage, and nobody suffered outrage or moral collapse.

What may cause outrage is that I was teamed up with Arkkikivi, who say they carry the larges selection of indie/Forge/storygames (whichever label works for you) on Earth, and there I was with the biggest collection of Old School material in Scandinavia - and most of it has not yet arrived.

For the record, the others on the panel yesterday with me: Matthijs Holter, Eero Tuovinen, Miska Fredman and Ville Vuorela.

I'm tired. Night night.

6 comments:

  1. "I think I'm going to be big in Finland."


    Most gamers could say that, including Finish gamers. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "What may cause outrage is that I was teamed up with Arkkikivi, who say they carry the larges selection of indie/Forge/storygames (whichever label works for you) on Earth, and there I was with the biggest collection of Old School material in Scandinavia."

    See, this is something I've never understood. In my opinion the OSR is very similar to what some people involved with the Forge are doing. Neither has much of anything to do with the "storytelling" school of games.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad everything's going to well. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So now you will go off an rule the universe from beyond the grave?

    Indeed!

    Or...

    I love hearing this stuff and portents of success! Keep it up old friend!

    ReplyDelete