Friday, May 13, 2011

Three Years

On May 13, 2008, 9:40pm, I hit "Publish Post" for the first time.

And it's early days yet.

Oh yeah. Fuck you, Blogger. That Vornheim Review Roundup was not a quick and easy post to put together. And I wanted this post to go live at 9:40pm today but it's still buggy and won't let me make advance posts. I bet this post disappears soon too.

Makes me glad I put my actual content into print rather than just on the phantom universe of the internet though. Some people think I'm an asshole to say that game content placed on blogs doesn't exist as far as I'm concerned. Well, for awhile, it didn't exist for anybody.

9 comments:

  1. "Some people think I'm a salesman to say that game content placed on blogs doesn't exist as far as I'm concerned. Well, for awhile, it didn't exist for anybody."

    Fixed that for ya! ;-)

    Kidding aside there is something nice about having things that exist in the real world and don't disappear whenever the lights go out. That's sort of why many of us like analog gaming to start with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! And sorry. Lost four articles myself. Shame on google.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So how much do you pay to Blog here? How much do you pay to read blogs? How many others pay the same?

    It was an irritation, but that was it. Yeah I lost a post. But I have all my posts backed up so I could re-post it at anytime, but Blogger says they are restoring the posts so I figure I'll wait.

    But if you can't wait, here is my review of Vornheim, http://timbrannan.blogspot.com/2011/05/review-vornheim.html My bottom line, I liked it, it has a cool 70's vibe about it and just really, really good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe Google is still restoring some recent posts.

    I got my Grindhouse and Vornheim shipment today, by the way. Very impressive books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My RSS saved a copy if you need it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh, the mysteries of RSS. No idea what it is, but that's how I keep up on OotS. heh

    If you can email me a copy (lotfp@lotfp.com), that'd be great, and I'll repost it if blogger doesn't follow through on their promise to restore everything.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congradulations! I'm thinking the next 3 years are going to be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats. And I agree about keeping printed material.

    ReplyDelete