Monday, May 27, 2013

UK Games Expo Results

OK, I'm home and here are the results from the "Pay What You Want" experiment:

Here are the changes from the 2012 to 2013 LotFP appearances at the UK Games Expo. Results might be a bit skewed because they changed venues this year and everyone I talked to, management of the convention included, reported increased sales and traffic:

Gross income: +65%
Units Sold: +95%
Customers: +123%
Average purchase/customer: -26%

Absolutely nobody gave ridiculous low payments for stuff until the last hours of the convention when I was using the "Come on, don't make me lug all this stuff back to Finland!" line at passersby. So thanks everyone. :D

And big thanks to Dominic McDowall of Cubicle 7 for trading some Doctor Who RPG stuff for some LotFP stuff even though those Who books are expensive and I'd already sold out of all my major items. Made all the flights home go much quicker.

Those human-shaped video screens in the Birmingham airport are creepy.

Next convention for LotFP is Ropecon July 26-28 in Espoo, and I'll be back in England for Dragonmeet on December 7 (my birthday!).

(you can comment here)