Wednesday, April 6, 2011

LotFP to Release Stefan Poag's Exquisite Corpses

Conspicuous by his absence from LotFP projects until now, weird fantasy artist Stefan Poag is about to become quite conspicuous indeed as LotFP prepares to re-release his Exquisite Corpses project into distribution.

Exquisite Corpses is Poag's unique monster book for classic fantasy RPGs, in which tens of thousands of different monsters can be generated with the turn of a page, and hundreds of thousands of more variations made with a few additional die rolls.

To achieve this end, Exquisite Corpses uses space-age flip-book technology, like so:


The LotFP release will feature:
  • New cover art
  • 32 full color base monster templates on thick pre-perforated stock
  • New interior art (the extent of which is still to be determined)
  • Hardcover/Wire Binding: On the outside, it's a hardcover, including a spine. On the inside, a thick wire coil to allow the monster segments to be flipped while the book lays flat.
More News as We Make It, and Further Details as We Invent Them!

17 comments:

  1. That's brilliant. Now do one for adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I already have the original, damn you, now I'll have to buy it again...

    Do the same for dungeons !

    Do the same for wilderness maps !

    Uh, well all right, may be not...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a great book. I felt it some sort of sin to attack a book with scissors, but I finally gave in and it was awesome.

    - Ark

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love what you're doing with your company – I just can't wait to have this together with the new Carcosa and Vornheim. Also, you should really discuss the possibility of releasing the Mines of Khunmar!! That would be a real blast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's the second time you are going to make me buy something I already have.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like that little book. So many possibilities just flipping through it and building monsters from the parts - you feel a bit like Dr. Frankenstein, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations to everyone involved! I've got the original, but I'll getting this as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic news, I've had a lot of use out of the original :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good to hear!

    I'd like to second the idea for considering the publication of Stefan's Mines of Khunmar megadungeon. I've read it closely since I typed it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. AWESOME! Stefan's Exquisite Corpse is one of my favorite monster books. I've not been able to cut mine up so I'll just go buy another copy. Oh and the new version too cause I'm one of those damn fanboys ;).

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was going to buy that the other day, before realising I'd already spent so much money this month ;)

    So I'm glad I didn't, as I can now wait for this one to come out :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now explain why the LOTFP edition will not have text by Joesky

    ReplyDelete
  13. A few weeks ago, I wrote a review of this here:

    http://hackslashmaster.blogspot.com/2011/03/wwi-exquisite-corpses.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love my copy of Exquisite Corpses, but am sometimes reluctant to use it because of the wear on the paper. If your version is made to be much more durable than the one I bought through Lulu, I'd definitely pick up a copy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is cool news - LotFP publishing empire.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Any updates on this? I love Poag's stuff, and would love to see this book come to market.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my fault. The book needs/needed an extensive rewrite, which is 60% done... plus I am waffling on the artwork. I need to get of my keister and finish this.

      Delete