Saturday, May 15, 2010

I Know I'm A Gamer

... because I went to Tallinn today and as a souvenir bought a stack of 25 pads of A3 graph paper.

... also picked up a cheap pair of binoculars because I'm always complaining that I don't have any binoculars.

Yesterday I saw Iron Man 2, and found it to be just as good as the original (a minority opinion, I know).

Unfortunately, I seem to have completely worn myself out and made myself sick. I think I'm finally hitting the wall hard as far as the self-abuse in focusing on the game. The wife is changing up the diet starting Monday and we're looking at exercise schedules and we'll see if we can work towards getting rid of this extra me that I've accumulated in 2010 and then get rid of more besides.

The only principle writing on my end that isn't done (not counting rewrites and revising of course, I'm talking finished drafts) is the Weird New World adventure, which now has many pages of notes; fitting it into 16 pages probably won't be possible. Work is happening fast and furious on those maps, which was my main concern. Weird New World's map is going to be A3-sized and full color, covering the size of a continent, and before a few days ago, I didn't even know how we were going to tackle it.

I want to change some details of "information rooms" in Hammers of the God but there is a finished version in the can.

I still have seven people working on various graphics bits for the game and three people going through completed drafts looking for holes and suggesting revisions.

May 31 is my deadline for all this, and July 1 my drop-dead to-print date, so it's both exciting that things are happening and very nerve-wracking that it's all coming down to the wire, a good deal of it is beyond my ability to do and so is in others' hands, especially since I obviously need to take it easy for a bit.

I just realized today that the release date for the game, July 23, is very nearly to the day the one year anniversary (July 22) of Lamentations of the Flame Princess becoming an official business.

I can't wait to show you the finished product. Hell, I can't wait to show you the cover.

You guys are going to shit yourselves in awe. That's my goal. (well, not losing a metric shit-ton of money is my goal, 10000€ investment here, but making money by releasing a boring product isn't what I'm intending to do...)

New, and hopefully just about final, rules update late in the week. Get all your suggestions in ASAP!

And with that, I need to go to bed.

2 comments:

  1. Get better soon, and good luck with the diet/exercize regimen.

    I'm curious, but I don't think I want to know why you are always looking for binoculars.

    Some things are better left unexplained.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The thought of you with binoculars is a bit creepy. :D

    ReplyDelete