Friday, January 15, 2010

Cover Artist Announcement for LotFP: Weird Fantasy Role-Playing

The decision to choose an artist was near-impossible, especially after it came down to the final two. But a decision had to be made, so doing the cover art for the box set will be Cynthia Sheppard. The cover art will also be used for the covers of the rules book and referee book inside the box.

Signing on for the cover of the starter/tutorial book is Martina Münch, who doesn't have an online gallery but I knew her when I lived in Vaasa and I know this will be looking good.

This in addition to Kevin Mayle, previously announced for the cover of the wilderness adventure to be included.

I have reached a tentative agreement with an artist for the dungeon adventure, but haven't gotten the OK to announce yet. I will say he's one of the more famous artists in our OSR circle. Announcement hopefully very soon.

6 comments:

  1. Very cool, can't wait to see this! I'm still crossing my fingers for a "Roper w/scantily clad female" cover;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn it, I lost the bet!

    I was sure the first comment was going to be "That artist's work isn't old school!" or something like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ms. Sheppard's portfolio is amazing. I don't think you'll have to worry about people complaining about whether or not one person's art is "old school" enough if it's...you know...good. Having someone who can, at the very least, pose a figure realisticly and paint them proportionitly is a boon for the OSR.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Ms. Sheppard's portfolio is amazing."

    Not only that but Ms. Sheppard is amazing. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like Cythia Sheppards artwork, I think she is a great choice for the box set cover.

    ReplyDelete