Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Blog Housecleaning and Other Notes

You've likely noticed that I've put up a new header. From left to right, there are details of art from No Dignity in Death, Insect Shrine of Goblin Hill, and Death Frost Doom, all by Laura Jalo. How's it look?

I've cut out half of the old recommended blog posts and renamed most of the remaining ones. Anything you think I should have in that section?

I've made a couple adjustments to the link list. Am I missing anybody/thing?

Does anyone use those RSS follow buttons or can I get rid of them?

Any other suggestions for the appearance or format of the blog?

In other news... I should have confirmation on a mail-order distro deal this week (which will include Green Devil Face, which actually surprises me because it's a no-margin product). Hopefully the pdf vendor I'm hoping to use will accept me as well, but that will likely take a bit longer to determine. I will be joining RPGNow, just because it would be dumb not to... lots of incidental traffic there.

Green Devil Face deadline is June 30! Get your submissions in!

I am in search of an accountant locally, as I really need to crunch some numbers to proceed with my various applications. I know scientists, lawyers, several medical professionals, a gaggle of engineers and other tech types... but no accountants. Figures. With no employees and all business activities being conducted from home I'm hoping I'd be quite an easy account. :P

With all this other stuff happening, it looks like the next Online Game won't be until June 23 or 24 after all. Who's in?

8 comments:

  1. I use the rss feed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can play the 23rd or 24th, but I'll likely be gone for about two weeks after that on a vacation, so I'd understand if you don't want me to join in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Solid, I am in Jim. Prefer the 23rd if possible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoops, I typed 1996 when I should have typed 2006. Fixed.

    And the day/night shall be the 23rd!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use the RSS feeds as well. But I'm guessing you don't mean to remove the feeds completely, just the buttons way down on the page? Most browsers (at least Firefox) handle feeds internally as long as there is a link in the header of the page, making any button on the page superflous.

    I think you should use only one picture in the header (I vote for the middle one).

    ReplyDelete
  6. New header looks sweet.

    Never used an RSS feed. Maybe I should try it.

    Dying to play LL again with ya'll, but I fear the 23rd will suck for me. I'll try to work it out, so I can still make it. But I might be hosed for the 23rd. I am so bummed. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm also kind of confused by your remarks about the RSS feed. I read a dozen blogs and without feeds it would be impossible to keep track. I'd rather see a more obvious way to subscribe to your blog, and the comment feeds.

    ReplyDelete